XI Test 0000: Success Questions
1. What software component is necessary for the operating system to use the network card?
B. Windows 95
C. LAN card Drivers
D. Diagnostic utilities
2. The ________ network topology is the most fault tolerant and provides the most redundancy.
3. To ensure that the network experiences maximum uptime (minimum of 99.999%, or a total outage measured in minutes per year), your best topology choice would be _________.
E. All offer cable fault-tolerance
4. You need to ensure connectivity. You conclude that multiple links is the best solution. The cabling topology you select is____________:
E. All choices are accurate
5. A user calls the help desk complaining that they are not able to login to the server. The Ethernet network consists of 20 PCs running only TCP/IP. IP addresses are statically assigned. The results from the Winipcfg utility appear to be correct and all required addresses are present (IP, subnet mask, DNS, and default gateway). What else would be a logical item to check?
A. A router has failed
B. The statically IP address assigned to this PC is already used by another device on the network
C. A NIC is jabbering which is causing so much traffic on the cable system that no other PCs can communicate
D. No Answer is correct
6. Identify two local area networks from the following configurations:
A. One computer in California and one in Texas that use email and share documents.
B. Two computers and a printer connected by a network cable
C. 500 computers on different floors that are connected and share files
D. 200 computers all on the same floor that are configured as standalone computers
Home - Table Of Contents - Contact Us
CertiGuide for Network+ (http://www.CertiGuide.com/netplus/) on CertiGuide.com
Version 1.0 - Version Date: November 7, 2004
Adapted with permission from a work created by Tcat Houser and Helen O’Boyle.
CertiGuide.com Version © Copyright 2004 Charles M. Kozierok. All Rights Reserved.
Not responsible for any loss resulting from the use of this site.