XIII Test 1000: Success Questions
1. Public key encryption consists of:
A. Two keys, one of which is published for anyone's use
B. Two keys, neither of which should be published
C. One key which is shared between sender and receiver
D. One key which is transmitted via a separate method from the data.
2. You have just been hired at a new company, and your first assignment is to take on an old project. The firm has received one class C IP range from InterNIC. There are about 259 employees. All must be able to connect to the Internet. There are occasions when all employees may be needed to access the Internet at same time. Select the options that will accomplish this goal.
A. Setup a proxy server
B. Setup a firewall with NAT
C. Obtain a 2nd Class C range
D. Enable Internet Connection Sharing
3. What level of RAID is defined by using 3 or more disk drives where the data is stripped across all drives in the array?
4. What are two main benefits of a proxy server?
C. Ease of assigning IP addresses
E. Can use a single registered IP address for multiple connections to the Internet
5. Which device, when installed on an IPX-based network provides a high degree of network security?
B. Application server
C. Web and E-mail Server
D. Proxy Server
6. A recommended use of a Proxy server is:
A. An Application server
B. File and print server
C. A relay server between networks
D. A translation server between an IPX and an IP network
E. use as a workstation
7. What are potential causes of backup failures?
A. Bad tapes
B. Dirty drives
C. Insufficient tape capacity
D. Incorrect tape format
E. Software configured for append instead of overwrite
8. Good tape management practices include:
A. Retention tapes on a regular basis
B. Regularly rotating new tapes into the set
C. Store tapes near server for easy access
D. Keeping tapes clearly labeled
E. Replace the original cases with foil wrapping to prevent moisture from seeping in.
9. Choose the properties of a digital signature:
A. Uses a certificate authority
B. Employs symmetrical keys
C. Once issued, it cannot be revoked
D. Employs public-private keys (asymmetrical) keys
E. Insures that the sending message was not forged
10. You want to connect to your network to the Internet but are concerned users will download viruses. What can you do to protect your network?
A. Disconnect the patch cables during peak Internet usage times
B. Install a network virus protection program
C. Install a firewall
D. Install a proxy machine
E. Install a virus protection program on each client box
11. Which of the following are implemented with digital signatures? (Choose two)
A. API Encryption
B. Certificate authority
C. Asymmetric algorithm
D. Complete data encryption
E. Reverse lookup encryption
12. Backing up data by using two disks and two controllers is known as _______.
A. Disk Mirroring
B. RAID 1
C. RAID 5
D. Disk Duplexing
E. Disk stripping with parity
13. Select the type of fault tolerance used with two controllers and two hard drives.
A. RAID 5
B. Disk Striping with Parity
C. Disk Striping without Parity
D. Disk Mirroring
E. Disk Duplexing
14. Your workstation has three hard disks with the capacities of 300MB, 600MB, and 750MB. What storage technology allows for the largest contiguous space for storage?
A. Volume set
B. Mirrored set
C. Duplexed set
D. Stripe set with parity
E. Partition set
15. The ______ and _______ backup methods clear the archive attribute of the files being backed up.
A. Tape delivery
16. Which of the following passwords is the MOST secure?
Home - Table Of Contents - Contact Us
CertiGuide for Network+ (http://www.CertiGuide.com/netplus/) on CertiGuide.com
Version 1.0 - Version Date: November 7, 2004
Adapted with permission from a work created by Tcat Houser and Helen O’Boyle.
CertiGuide.com Version © Copyright 2004 Charles M. Kozierok. All Rights Reserved.
Not responsible for any loss resulting from the use of this site.