IX Test 0111: Success Questions
1. What type of device is used to connect an external digital signal to an in-house line?
A. V.35 Connector
2. The definition of a WAN or Wide Area Network is:
A. Network consisting of multiple server computers that have specific functions
B. Communication system within one office
C. Multiple workgroups connected in the same building
D. Network that utilizes repeaters to enhance the signal over great distances
E. Communications network that connects multiple geographic sites together
3. Remote node technology is a good solution when remote users need data from their office systems, as long as they have applications loaded on their laptops.
4. What is the major road block to providing full digital service over POTS?
A. The "last mile" of telephone cable is still copper
B. Competition isn't strong enough to warrant full digital service
C. Fiber optic lines can not be brought out to rural areas
D. It is too expensive for the telephone companies to implement
5. Which dial-up protocol is considered self-configuring?
6. Identify the Bogus (incorrect) statement(s) concerning the SLIP protocol.
A. Supports high speed connections
B. Supports multiple protocols (such as IXP & TCP/IP)
C. Operates with analog or digital connections
D. Error detection/correction
E. Easy to implement
7. Packet routing can occur in several forms. From the choices below, choose the one that has the most overhead.
E. No choice is correct
8. You are the administrator of a large company with several remote field offices. You are required to configure support for the remote offices at the company headquarters.
Optionally, the connection from the field offices is always on and secure.
This proposed solution:
A. Meets the required and both desired features
B. Meets the required and one of the desired features
C. Meets the required and none of the desired features
D. Meets neither the required or the desired features
E. Meets one of the desired features and not the required feature
9. ATM combines the best of ____________ switching and __________ switching.
A. Circuit, packet
B. Ethernet, Token Ring
C. Cell, packet
D. Broadband, baseband
E. Network, Application
10. ICA is an abbreviation for
A. Independent Computing Architecture
B. Industry Computing Communications
C. Internal Communications Classification
D. Internal Control Computing
11. Which adapter chipset is most commonly emulated by manufacturers, and drivers for which are a good choice when supplied NIC drivers fail?
12. The protocol used to sign on and off some DSL connections is called:
13. Before connecting modems to the telephone system, always:
A. Verify that the wall jack is within 15 feet of the modem
B. Verify that the wall jack supports dual lines if a telephone will also be used
C. Use a Y splitter on a remote FAX line
D. Verify that the wall connection for the modem line is analog
E. Plug the modem telephone line into an electrical surge protection device
14. You set up a dial-up network (DUN) connection using the SLIP protocol. You can not transfer files with FTP and have problems connecting to the Internet. What would be one possible alternative to SLIP?
A. Install a proxy server with TCP/IP
B. Try pinging the FTP server
C. Try pinging the local host
D. Switch to the PPP protocol
E. Switch to a DSL (Digital Subscriber Line)
Home - Table Of Contents - Contact Us
CertiGuide for Network+ (http://www.CertiGuide.com/netplus/) on CertiGuide.com
Version 1.0 - Version Date: November 7, 2004
Adapted with permission from a work created by Tcat Houser and Helen O’Boyle.
CertiGuide.com Version © Copyright 2004 Charles M. Kozierok. All Rights Reserved.
Not responsible for any loss resulting from the use of this site.