IX Test 0110: Success Questions
1. System area network cards require: (Choose all that apply)
A. a bogus term
B. A specialized card with very high throughput that replaces Ethernet cards in Storage Area Networks (SAN)
C. May require a special OS and/or application software
2. Which protocol is NOT routable?
3. You are logging into a Windows NT Server Domain from a Windows 95 system. What security model provides the best control over shared resources?
A. User-level security
B. Share-level security
C. User names and passwords
D. Windows NT
4. Access types for share-level security consist of:
A. Read-only, Full, and Depends on Password
B. Read-only, Read/Write, and Create
C. Read-only, Erase, and Browse
D. Read-only, and Read/Write
5. What two items are necessary before you can create new users on a network?
A. An IP address and an Administrator account
B. The user's first and last name
C. Knowledge of the company's SOP and IP addressing scheme
D. An Administrative account
E. Knowledge of the company's SOP
6. Assume you have a workstation with 2 hard drives and a network drive, mapped using the command CAPTURE N SYS:\OFFICE. What drive letter will be used?
D. This command won't work because the Capture command is not used for drives
E. This command won't work because the Capture command requires a UNC path name
7. Reconnecting drives and printers can be automated in NT or NetWare using:
A. Computer Policies
B. User Rights
C. Login Scripts
D. Batch Files
8. NT maintains profiles in ___________ where NetWare v4 and higher uses ________
A. Encrypted text files, RAM
B. Floppy disks for safety, Encrypted text files
C. Encrypted Text Files, NDS
D. User Manager, ZenWorks
9. Which NOS (network operating system) allows users global access through a single logon?
10. What is the name of the database that stores the system parameters on a Windows 9x PC?
A. The INI files
B. The SYSTEM.CFG file
C. The Registry
D. The Register File
E. The Win386.SWP file
11. Which of the following will correctly connect a drive in NetWare?
A. CAPTURE M:=\\SERVER\DIRECTORY
B. MAP M:=SYS:\DIRECTORY
C. MAP NEXT SYS:\DIRECTORY
D. MAP USE M:=SERVER:DIRECTORY
E. NET USE M:=SYS:\DIRECTORY
12. Choose the statements that are true about user level security:
A. Access rights may be assigned to a user or groups of users
B. Decentralized management
C. A server must be in place
D. A functioning network connection must be in place to authenticate the user
E. User level security is more flexible than share level security
13. Select the requirements for user level security.
A. Requires a server
B. Centralized administration
C. Does not require server
D. Decentralized administration
E. Requires a switch or hub
14. What is the directory service called in Netware 4.xx?
15. You have 10 Windows 95 workstations, 3 UNIX clients, and a Novell NetWare server. What can you install on the Windows 95 computers to connect them to the NetWare server?
A. Print Services for NetWare
B. Migration Tools for NetWare
C. Novell Client for Windows
D. Gateway Services for NetWare
E. Microsoft Print and File Services for Netware
16. You load print services on a server, but the service does not start properly. Where would you look to investigate the situation further?
B. Network settings
C. Log files
E. Task Manager
17. What Operating System uses IPX as its default networking protocol?
A. Novell NetWare
D. Microsoft NT
Home - Table Of Contents - Contact Us
CertiGuide for Network+ (http://www.CertiGuide.com/netplus/) on CertiGuide.com
Version 1.0 - Version Date: November 7, 2004
Adapted with permission from a work created by Tcat Houser and Helen O’Boyle.
CertiGuide.com Version © Copyright 2004 Charles M. Kozierok. All Rights Reserved.
Not responsible for any loss resulting from the use of this site.