IX Test 0011: Success Questions
1. How many Ethernet collision domains are created when you connect two active hubs together?
D. Depends on the distance
E. Depends on the cable type
2. When would a Brouter be useful?
A. To connect two or more segments of similar topology
B. Where continuous bridge looping occurs
C. Where both routable an non-routable protocols exist
D. To save on company hardware expenses
E. To eliminate non-routable broadcasts packets
3. If your Ethernet LAN contains a large number of devices and performance is getting poor, what type of device can you install to create more collision domains?
A. A hub
B. An RJ45 CAT5 cable system
C. A Bridge
D. A NIC
4. At what layer are hardware addresses maintained?
B. Data Link
5. What layer of the OSI model would be concerned with user applications such as word processing and spreadsheets?
A. None. This level of functionality is not addressed with the OSI model
B. The Application layer
C. The Program layer
D. The TCP/IP Layer
E. The IP layer
6. Which OSI layer initiates retransmit requests?
A. The Transport Layer 4
B. The Network Layer 3
C. The Physical Layer 1
D. The Session Layer 5
E. The Application Layer 7
7. What is the hop count of a packet that transverses 1 hub, 2 bridges and 1 router?
8. You are working in a company with several hundred computers. Each major department is on its own subnet. What can be used to prevent broadcast storms from crossing departments? (Choose all that apply).
A. Network hub
B. LAN switch
C. LAN Bridge
D. LAN router
E. Server NIC
9. Which OSI layer defines electrical specifications?
E. Data link
10. Packaging raw bits of data into frames (logical, structured packets for data) and transferring those frames from one computer to another without errors is the responsibility of the _________layer.
A. Data Link
B. Session layer
C. Application Layer
D. Network layer
E. Transport layer
11. Which layer of the OSI model is responsible for establishing, maintaining, and terminating connections?
A. Physical Layer
B. Data Link layer
C. Network layer
D. Application layer
E. Session layer
12. Which of the following devices translates protocols?
13. Which OSI layer establishes, manages, and terminates communications between two computers?
14. Bridges operate at the _______ layer of the OSI model.
A. Data Link
15. While implementing video conferencing on your network, you notice that your existing hub is a bottleneck. What can you do to make your network more efficient?
A. Install a router
B. Install a switch
C. Switch to 10Base5 technology
D. Install a repeater
E. Remove unnecessary protocols
Home - Table Of Contents - Contact Us
CertiGuide for Network+ (http://www.CertiGuide.com/netplus/) on CertiGuide.com
Version 1.0 - Version Date: November 7, 2004
Adapted with permission from a work created by Tcat Houser and Helen O’Boyle.
CertiGuide.com Version © Copyright 2004 Charles M. Kozierok. All Rights Reserved.
Not responsible for any loss resulting from the use of this site.