XI Chapter 0000: Test For Success Questions
1. What happens when you delete a file from the Recycle Bin?
A. Clusters are flushed.
B. The files are moved to C:\Windows\Temp.
C. Sectors of hard drive are blanked/erased.
D. Associated entries in the FAT are removed.
2. Your sound card is not working and when you look in Device Manager, the Sound card shows up with an exclamation mark. What should you do? (Choose two)
A. Ensure that the speakers are compatible.
B. Make sure the sound card is on IRQ14.
C. Select the default multimedia CODEC device.
D. Start the Hardware Conflict Troubleshooter from within Windows Help.
E. Select the properties of the sound card and examine the resources tab for conflicting resource settings.
3. Your Windows 98 computer is having display-related problems. Where can you adjust the graphics hardware acceleration so that you can troubleshoot the problem?
A. Control Panel, System, Performance, Graphics.
B. Control Panel, System, Display Settings, Graphics.
C. Control Panel, System, Device Manager, Display Adapter Properties, Graphics.
D. Control Panel, System, Hardware Profiles, Display Settings, Graphics.
4. A customer calls you and explains that he can't display an entire web page even though he has a 17 inch monitor, and that he has to use the scroll bars to go from right side to the left side. What would you change in his display settings?
A. Click Advanced and change to large font.
B. Click Advanced and change the screen size.
C. Slide the screen area bar over to 800 by 600.
D. Adjust contrast control until the screen has shrunk in size.
5. How do you make hidden files visible in Windows 95?
A. Tools, Options, Show All Files.
B. Windows Explorer, View, Folder Options, View tab, Show All Files.
C. Windows Explorer, File, Preferences, Unhide All Files.
D. Control Panel, Device Manager, File Attributes, Unhide.
6. How do you set the system time? (Choose three)
A. Command prompt, 'time'.
B. Device Manager, select Clock.
C. Control Panel, select Date/Time.
D. Taskbar properties 'show clock.'
E. Double-click on the clock in the system tray.
7. Home/office desk, presentation, and portable/laptop are examples of __________.
A. Users profiles.
B. System profiles.
C. Hardware profiles.
D. Power option settings.
8. You need to create a Windows 98 startup disk. You open the Add/Remove Programs applet and click 'Create Disk' from the ______.
A. Install Tab.
B. Create Disk Tab.
C. Startup Disk Tab.
D. Windows Setup Tab.
9. How do you rearrange your Start Menu in Windows 9x?
A. Click Start and choose Arrange.
B. Click the corresponding applet in the Control Panel.
C. Right-click on the Start button and select Explore.
D. Right-click on the desktop and choose Start Menu.
10. Your customer calls and complains that sometimes his desktop icons look different, but after rebooting they return to normal. What shortcut can he use instead?
A. <Alt>+<F4> to refresh memory.
B. <Alt>+<TAB> to refresh memory.
C. <Shift>+<F4> to refresh memory.
D. <Shift>+<F8> to refresh desktop.
11. You are troubleshooting a system that has a malfunctioning mouse. You need to check the Device Manager for conflicts. Since the mouse does not work, what key toggles you from the desktop to the taskbar?
D. Arrow key.
12. What TAB in the System Configuration Utility displays items that are automatically run on boot?
13. In Windows Explorer, which two of the following will successfully create a new folder?
A. File, New, Folder.
B. Folder, Create, New Folder
C. Triple Click in Display Window
D. Right Click in Display Window, New, Folder.
E. Edit, Create, New, Folder.
14. What should you do first to adjust your display resolution?
A. Flash the BIOS first.
B. Refresh your desktop.
C. Update your Windows drivers with the latest available version.
D. Check for 16 bit drivers loading in your SYSTEM.INI.
15. You change video resolution on your system and reboot. You cannot see anything on your screen as it boots. The hard drive finishes loading the Operating System. How can you safely reboot the computer so you can access Safe Mode?
A. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice.
B. Reset power to the computer.
C. Press Alt + F4. and then press Enter.
D. Press and hold CTRL+BREAK.
16. How can you close a program that has quit responding without shutting down Windows 95?
A. Press CTRL+ALT+ DEL twice.
B. Run unlock.exe.
C. Open another instance of the application and close it.
D. Press CTRL+ALT+ DEL. Select program listed as not responding and click the 'End Task' button.
17. You uninstall an application. When looking at the Start Menu, its shortcut is still there. What two methods can be used to remove the shortcut?
A. Reboot the PC and allow the uninstall to complete.
B. Delete the item from the Device Manager.
C. Refresh Windows Explorer using the F5 key.
D. Right click the taskbar and choose Properties. Click Remove on the Start Menu programs Tab.
18. Which key can you hold down after seeing the Windows logo to stop an application in the startup folder from executing?
19. A long file name in Windows 9x can be changed using which method? (Choose two)
A. In Windows Explorer, choose File, Rename.
B. From an MS-DOS prompt, type 'ren <filename> <newfilename>'.
C. From the Control Panel, click System, then click Rename.
D. In Windows Explorer, choose Tools, Rename File.
20. A bootable floppy disk can be created in which 4 ways in Windows 9x? (Choose three)
A. FDISK A: from a command prompt.
B. In Windows Explorer, right click on A drive, choose Format, Floppy System Files.
C. Format a: from a command prompt.
D. Format a:/s from a command prompt.
E. Format a:/s from the Start, run command box
F. Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Startup Disk Tab.
21. You are troubleshooting a computer that does not have a working mouse. You have made it into the Device Manager. Which key will move from one device to another? (Choose two)
D. ARROW KEYS
22. Which key combination switches a user between applications that are currently running in Windows?
Home - Table Of Contents - Contact Us
CertiGuide to A+ (Operating Systems) (http://www.CertiGuide.com/apluso/) on CertiGuide.com
Version 1.0 - Version Date: January 7, 2005
Adapted with permission from a work created by Tcat Houser.
CertiGuide.com Version © Copyright 2005 Charles M. Kozierok. All Rights Reserved.
Not responsible for any loss resulting from the use of this site.