VI Chapter 0100: Test For Success Questions
1. Your company is upgrading to Windows 2000 Professional. Which of the following operating systems can you upgrade to Windows 2000 Professional? (Choose two)
B. WINDOWS 3.x
C. WINDOWS 9x
D. WINDOWS NT 4.0
E. WINDOWS FOR WORKGROUPS 3.x
2. A customer is running Windows NT and has 20GB of unformatted hard disk space. He wants to format the 20GB drive, move the data from his 5GB drive and label the 20GB drive as drive B. What Windows NT applet can perform all these tasks for him?
A. File Administrator
B. Partition Magic
C. Drive Administrator
D. Disk Administrator
3. You need to create a Windows NT 4.0 boot diskette. Which three files do you need to copy to the diskette? (Choose three)
4. What command creates an Emergency Repair Disk for Windows NT 4.0?
C. ERD.EXE /S
D. Add/Remove Programs
5. Your computer will not boot, and you think it is because some of your boot files have been deleted. Which files must be present in the root directory of the system partition in order for Windows NT 4.0 to boot?
A. NTLDR, BOOT.INI, NTDETECT.COM
B. IO.SYS, MS-DOS.SYS, NTLDR, SYSTEM
C. IO.SYS, MS-DOS.SYS, BOOT.INI, COMMAND.COM
D. NTLDR, COMMAND.COM, NTDETECT.COM, BOOT.INI
6. You have a custom application that is conflicting with another application. What can you do to temporarily fix the problem on a Windows NT system?
A. Run MSCONFIG
B. Run REGEDT32.
C. Reinstall the application.
D. Run the application in a protected memory space.
7. You updated a device driver on a Windows NT 4.0 Workstation, and now the computer fails to boot to the GUI. What should you do?
A. Reload NT
B. Run ScanDisk and Disk Defragmenter
C. Press F5 to enter safe mode and delete the last device installed
D. Press the spacebar when the Load Last Known Good Configuration message appears
8. When a print job is stalled in Windows NT 4.0, what should you try first?
A. Restart the PC
B. Restart the spooler
C. Try another printer cable
D. Try another printer driver
9. An error occurs on your Windows NT 4.0 workstation, and Dr. Watson has created a log file. Where can you find the file to review what has caused the error?
10. You just received a Windows NT stop error with the full blue screen. How can you print out the error message that was generated?
A. Do a print screen
B. Reboot and edit the system log
C. Reboot and open file 0000.chk
D. Reboot and browse the temp folder
11. Which utility would you use to get a computer's IP address in Windows NT 4.0?
12. Which service must be installed on a Windows NT 4.0 system to allow Dial-Up Networking access?
A. Net BEUI
C. Remote access service
D. Dial-Up Networking V 1.3
13. Which command would you use to remove an NTFS volume from a PC that no longer contains Windows NT 4.0?
14. You need to create a Windows NT Boot Disk. Which files must you have on the disk? (Choose two)
15. Windows fails to boot because a customer deleted a file from a Windows NT 4.0 Workstation. Which of the following might have been deleted?
16. A Windows NT 4.0 command prompt can be invoked with which command?
17. A Windows NT 4.0 emergency repair disk can be created using what command?
D. FORMAT /ERD A:
18. What will happen if you run 'WINNT /B' from a command prompt on the Windows NT 4.0 installation CD.
A. 3 NT setup disks will be created
B. The Windows NT 4.0 registry will be backed up
C. Windows NT 4.0 will be installed without prompting for boot diskettes
D. Windows NT 4.0 will be installed and boot diskettes will be created
19. While logged in as a local administrator, you install an application on Windows NT 4.0 for an employee of your firm. You test it and it works fine. You reboot and tell her to log in and call you if she has a problem. She calls to report that the application will not run. When you log in, it runs fine. Why?
A. NTFS permissions prevent her from running the application
B. Incorrect CD Key
C. The EVERYONE group is missing in the application's security properties
D. The application was not installed by the user
20. While booting you receive the following message when booting Windows NT 4.0 Workstation: "NTLDR not found. Please insert another disk". What should you do to fix the disk?
A. Extract the file from the CD
B. Run the emergency repair process
C. Copy the file from any Windows system
D. Copy the file from another Windows NT system
21. Which OEM installation CD always requires a boot floppy because the CD-ROM is not bootable?
A. Windows 95
B. Windows 98
C. Windows 2000
D. Windows NT 4.0
22. After installing a new hard drive, which Windows NT 4.0 utility should you use to make it usable?
D. Disk Administrator
23. Your Windows NT 4 system will not boot. What is the first thing to try?
A. Format and restore from tape.
B. Boot to Safe Mode.
C. Use the Last Known Good Configuration.
D. Reinstall NT using three boot disks and the CD.
Home - Table Of Contents - Contact Us
CertiGuide to A+ (Operating Systems) (http://www.CertiGuide.com/apluso/) on CertiGuide.com
Version 1.0 - Version Date: January 7, 2005
Adapted with permission from a work created by Tcat Houser.
CertiGuide.com Version © Copyright 2005 Charles M. Kozierok. All Rights Reserved.
Not responsible for any loss resulting from the use of this site.