XII Chapter 0100: Test for Success Questions
1. The IDE interface competes with the ATA standard.
2. IDE is an acronym for (Choose all that apply)
A. Industrial Drive Electronics
B. Integrated Drive Electronics
C. Intelligent Drive Electronics
D. Institutional Drive Electronics
3. EIDE is incompatible with the ATA standard
4. ATAPI added support for
A. SCSI CD-ROM
B. IDE CD-ROM
C. MFM CD-ROM
D. RLL CD-ROM
5. PIO is an acronym for:
A. Preferred Industry Organization
B. Primary In Out
C. Preferential Input Output
D. Programmed Input Output
6. Ultra DMA supports data transfer rates up to:
A. 8 MB per second
B. 16 MB per second
C. 33 MB per second
D. 66 MB per second
7. Choose the appropriate characteristics for Ultra ATA/66 (Choose all that apply)
A. Bypasses CPU
B. Requires a minimum of 32 MB of RAM
C. A maximum transfer rate of 66.7 MB per second
D. Requires 80 conductor cabling
8. A color-coded 80-conductor IDE cable uses a _______ color for the system board; __________ color for the first drive and a ________ color for the second drive, if it exists.
A. Black, gray, blue
B. Blue, gray, black
C. Gray, black, blue
D. Blue, black, gray
9. An 80-conductor IDE cable can support C/S.
10. A single IDE Channel can support up to
A. One drive
B. Two drives
C. Three drives
D. Four drives
11. It is possible to have both a C/S and a non-C/S drive in a computer, as long as they are on different channels.
12. The maximum cable length for IDE is
A. 12 in.
B. 18 in.
C. 24 in.
D. 36 in.
13. Serial ATA is incompatible with current IDE standards.
14. Ultra IDE/66 and Ultra IDE/100-133 use 80 conductors with 40 pins to:
A. Make everyone wonder what happened to the other 40 wires
B. Carry the required DC voltage
C. Reduce crosstalk
D. Interface with 80 pin SCSI drives
15. A read/write head meeting the platter while spinning is called a:
A. Hard Drive dance
B. Advanced Data Transfer
C. Landing Zone
D. Head Crash
16. The track on the outermost ring on a platter is called Track
17. CHS is short for:
A. Complete Head System
B. Cylinder Head Sector
C. Compressed Head Storage
D. Circular Head System
18. True of False. LBA is in part, a translation scheme.
19. Track 0 contains
B. OS Information
C. Nothing because this is the Landing Zone
D. Secret pictures of Tcats office
20. Disk ________ requires 2 drive controllers.
A. RAID 1 Duplexing
B. RAID 0
C. RAID 1
D. RAID 5
Home - Table Of Contents - Contact Us
CertiGuide to A+ (Core Hardware) (http://www.CertiGuide.com/aplush/) on CertiGuide.com
Version 1.0 - Version Date: December 6, 2004
Adapted with permission from a work created by Tcat Houser.
CertiGuide.com Version © Copyright 2004 Charles M. Kozierok. All Rights Reserved.
Not responsible for any loss resulting from the use of this site.