X Chapter 0111: Test for Success Questions
1. What set of standards defines serial communications?
A. IEEE 8802
B. IEEE 1284
C. IEEE 1394
2. What two connectors are commonly used for serial communications?
A. Centronics 36
B. DB-15 female
C. DB-9 male
D. DB-25 female
E. DB-25 male
3. What parallel port mode uses a DMA channel?
B. Bi-directional parallel
4. Identify the connector shown in Figure 90:
A. USB A
B. USB B
5. What is the connector in Question 4 commonly used for?
6. What wireless communications method requires clear line-of-site?
7. How many devices can be used in a USB chain?
8. How many IRQs would a USB chain with a mouse, keyboard, and printer use?
9. What is the theoretical bandwidth of a IEEE 1394 bus?
A. 12 Mb/s
B. 12 MB/s
C. 400 Mb/s
D. 400 MB/s
10. What is IEEE 1394 commonly used for?
A. Internal HDD
D. Digital Video Cameras
11. What type of printer is commonly used for printing multi-part forms?
C. Daisy wheel
D. Dot Matrix
12. You are servicing a laser printer. The pages come out of the printer with ghost images of the previous page. Which component do you suspect?
A. Primary corona
B. Transfer corona
C. Developing roller
13. You are servicing a dot matrix printer that is shutting down sporadically. What should you replace first?
A. Print head
C. Paper feed rollers
14. What is the command for resetting a modem to its default settings?
A. Reset COM1
15. You wish to dial 555-1212 with your modem using pulse dialing. You are in a building with a PBX that requires a 9 be dialed to reach an outside line. What command do you use?
A. ATD 5551212,9
B. ATDP 9,5551212
C. Dial 9,5551212
D. ATH1 9,5551212
16. What 'standard' for modems was named after its creator?
17. What step comes after the conditioning phase is a laser printer?
18. What methods are used to transfer ink to paper in Inkjet technology? Choose two
A. Boiling ink
B. Vibrating crystals
C. Compressed air
19. What is the theoretical bandwidth of a USB 1.2 bus?
A. 12 MB/s
B. 12 Mb/s
C. 480 MB/s
D. 400 Mb/s
20. You find a cable that has a DB-25 male connector on one end, and a Centronics 36 male connector on the other. What type of cable is it?
A. IEEE 1284
B. IEEE 1394
C. Null modem cable
D. RS-232C cable
Home - Table Of Contents - Contact Us
CertiGuide to A+ (Core Hardware) (http://www.CertiGuide.com/aplush/) on CertiGuide.com
Version 1.0 - Version Date: December 6, 2004
Adapted with permission from a work created by Tcat Houser.
CertiGuide.com Version © Copyright 2004 Charles M. Kozierok. All Rights Reserved.
Not responsible for any loss resulting from the use of this site.