VIII Chapter 0000: Test for Success Questions
1. Which PC, or microcomputer, did MITS develop?
C. 386 DX
D. None of the above
2. True or False: A Conductor, in electrical terms, is an element that gives up electrons rather easily.
3. Of the examples given which are conductive materials (choose all that apply)?
D. Your finger
E. All of the above
4. Which of the following are insulators?
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
5. What does the W symbol stand for?
6. Which of the following is used for measuring electrical pressure?
7. True or False: If electricity moves only one-way it is called Direct Current?
8. Which of the following is How North American Electricity is delivered?
A. 120 VAC at 40 CPS
B. 240 VAC at 50 CPS
C. 120 VAC at 60 CPS
D. 240 VAC at 70 CPS
9. Taking DC Current and pulsing it is the basis for what kind of signal?
10. The color rings on a resistor signify what?
A. How many ohms it can resist
B. The amount of current going through it
C. Nothing. They are just there to make it look marketable
D. The amount of pressure it can sustain
11. What is the main function of a transistor?
A. To stop the flow of electricity
B. To regulate the amount of electricity flowing through it
C. To direct the electricity where to go
D. To measure the electricity in volts
12. True or false: a capacitor stores electrons?
13. In Computer math, including Base 2; 10; and 16, is 0 a valid number?
14. What are the different digits available to use in base 2?
A. 0, 1
C. A, B
D. 10, 16
15. In Binary, what does the number 1101 stand for?
B. One thousand one hundred one
16. What are the different digits available in hexadecimal math?
C. 0-9 and A-F
17. How many bits to a byte?
18. What does the Hexadecimal number 220h stand for in Base 10?
19. True or false the jumper sleeve has a piece of metal inside that completes a circuit so that electricity knows where to go?
20. What do DIP Switches do?
A. They tell Electricity where to go using multiple on/off switches
B. They are used to help People learn binary math
C. They have no function
D. They connect two or more electronic posts together
Home - Table Of Contents - Contact Us
CertiGuide to A+ (Core Hardware) (http://www.CertiGuide.com/aplush/) on CertiGuide.com
Version 1.0 - Version Date: December 6, 2004
Adapted with permission from a work created by Tcat Houser.
CertiGuide.com Version © Copyright 2004 Charles M. Kozierok. All Rights Reserved.
Not responsible for any loss resulting from the use of this site.