IX Chapter 0110: Test for Success Questions
1. The number of connections (pins) used in a floppy drive is:
2. When installing a floppy cable to a drive the rule is:
A. Drive B after the twist, Drive A before the twist
B. Drive A after the twist, Drive B before the twist
3. It is possible to have both a 5.25-inch and a 3.5-inch floppy on one floppy cable.
4. You completed an upgrade on a users machine. Several days later the user calls you and tells you that when they change floppies the directory for the old floppy is still displayed. From the choices below, select the most likely cause of this:
A. The drive cable came loose during the upgrade, pulling the cable off of pin 34.
B. The user has replaced the same floppy diskette and not really changed it.
C. The floppy drive is defective.
D. The floppy diskette is defective.
5. CD ROM performance is determined by speed. This overall performance is rated against:
A. An ST-225 Seagate hard drive
B. The original CD ROM specification
C. The original floppy specification
D. No choice is correct
6. CD-ROM drives can be found in the following formats (Choose all that apply):
7. The common encoding formats for a CD are:
B. ISO 9660
C. CD-ROM XA
D. CD-ROM VA
8. CD-R technology is sometimes called:
9. CD-ROM drives can attach to a PC by what interfaces?
D. USB or IEEE 1394
10. Writing a CD requires (Choose all that apply):
A. CD-R or CD-RW
B. Uninterrupted data flow
C. A computer
D. Blank media
11. ZIP drives are interchangeable with floppies.
12. Travan drives generally are capable of reading QIC tapes.
Home - Table Of Contents - Contact Us
CertiGuide to A+ (Core Hardware) (http://www.CertiGuide.com/aplush/) on CertiGuide.com
Version 1.0 - Version Date: December 6, 2004
Adapted with permission from a work created by Tcat Houser.
CertiGuide.com Version © Copyright 2004 Charles M. Kozierok. All Rights Reserved.
Not responsible for any loss resulting from the use of this site.